Welcome to Red Barn Quilting

I am located in the heart of Midway Utah. My studio is located south of the Red Barn at 95 S Fox Den Road.

I have a Handi-Quilter Avante' with a Pro-Stitcher computerized design system. This machine allows me to produce high quality quilting with pre-programed designs.

Please call me at 435-640-1477 or 435-654-2465 - Let's get quilting!

Sep 12, 2011

Sailboats for Carter


Have you ever had one of those projects that just went bad from the start. Here's mine. This pattern was a Buggy Barn Quilt. If you've never pieced a Buggy Barn, you should try one. They are amazing from start to finish. However, when I returned home from purchasing my fabric, I decided that I really didn't like the combination of background blues that I had selected. So, I went back and bought some more fabric. I was so happy with how everything went together. Then, disaster struck. I measured wrong and cut all 560 sashing pieces incorrectly. BAH! Once again, back to the store for more fabric. Trial after trial getting everything to come out perfect. This quilt top sat waiting to be quilted for about 6 months when I finally said "whatever" and put in on the quilter. I just wanted this quilt to be SO cute for my grandson. That was a lot of pressure that I just couldn't live up to.

I freehanded all the blocks and put a cute "swirl" design in the blue sashing. Even if it's not perfect, Carter loves it and that's all that matters. Sweet Dreams Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment